The University Secretary’s Office is responsible for ensuring that the University complies with legislation relating to the use of information, and for promoting good practice in the management of information.
The Information Governance Team provides advice and guidance on the following subjects.
Data Protection and Freedom of Information
- Compliance with the Data Protection Act and assistance with the handling of Subject Access Requests
- Compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and maintenance of the Publication Scheme
- Compliance with other relevant legislation such as the Environmental Information Regulations, the Human Rights Act, and the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Compliance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act and associated regulations
- Compliance with licenses for the copying and distribution of copyright material for educational purposes including those issued by the CLA, ERA, NLA and OU
- Obtaining permission for the use of copyright material not covered by licence.
- Promoting good practice in the management of the records the University creates and receives in the course of its business
- Maintenance of the Records Retention Schedule and File Plan
- Development of a central Records Store and Digital Records Management System.
For more information on any of these services, follow the links on the left.